- 1/4 cup egg whites (I always add whites from two eggs. That's about 1/4 cup)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or regular (organic brown rice protein or whey).
- 2 tbs vanilla almond milk or skim milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs flaxseed
- After above ingredients are mixed together add 1/2 mashed banana
- Add a handful of fresh or frozen blueberries
The recipe is from Tone It Up and can be found here. Their pancakes looks a lot better ;)
You can double the recipe and bring a couple to work for lunch too :)
The combination of protein (powder and eggs) and carbs (banana and berries) is a perfect mix to start off your day. The carb count in these are so low that you can even eat this on a low carb diet and low GI :)
For my Norwegian readers, flax seeds is Fiberhusk (fås på Helsekost). Jeg pleier å ta i en skje med Kruskakli også for å få litt mer fiber i.