If you are an inspiring makeup artist, please invest in a BIG train case! The things that you are going to have to bring along with you for a job is so much more than you think. The worst thing is to pack your train case so full that you can barely close it.. or you need to pack a separate bag with it.
I have been keeping my eye on a couple of train cases a few months now, and after seeing sweet Blair's video on her super cute new train case, I decided I too need this one! Just not in pink :P
This is the one I want.
It has a handle and wheels so it's easy to get around with it and you don't have to carry around a 40 Ibs case on your shoulders...
You can separate the compartments yourself so they will fit perfectly to your makeup.
You can divide the train case into two: a small one with shoulder strap (just like the one I have now) for smaller jobs - or the big one to fit everything for a bigger job.
It has a key lock! Very useful :)
Where to get this train case: Yazmo.com and it costs $ 169.95
Now, you are probably wondering what in the world do I fill this train case with!
Let me just give you a small list of a few items you might not have thought of:
- Foundations in several colors to match ANY skin color!
- Primers (usually several ones)
- Bottles (small ones though) with water, alcohol, brush cleanser, nail polish remover, hand sanitizer, hair spray...
- Facial products: makeup removers, eyemakeup removers, moisturizers for sensitive skin, oily skin, dry skin, cotton pads, a small towel etc...
- Emergency kit for brides especially (they will forever and beyond be grateful if you save the day with this): pain killers, anti histamine (for allergic reactions), tampons, double sided tape, small sowing kit, eyedrops, deodorant spray, tooth pick and thread, fresh mint, band aids.. etc
- Brow kit: tweezers, instand coloring in different colors, small scissors
These are things you are going to want to have.
For a freelance makeup artist, the best way to get work is by reputation and word of mouth. By being prepared for all kinds of situations will show that you are professional and your client will love you and tell others! :)
This is the train case I got now. The picture was taken in February. I thought I had sooooo many MAC eye shadows back then! Ha ha..